If you have a complaint about a journey then the first thing you need to do is talk to the bus or coach company.
We can’t normally get involved until they’ve had a chance to resolve your issue, so you can use the links below to contact them.
You need to tell the bus company:
- what bus service you were travelling on
- where you got on (or tried to get on)
- where you were travelling to (or hoping to travel to)
- the date
- the time (be as precise as possible)
- and what went wrong.
Give the bus company as much information as you can and if you know the registration number of the bus, or the driver’s number, then supply that too. If you purchased a ticket on the journey you are referring to, that may provide some of the detail you need.
If you're not happy with the way the bus company has handled your complaint then you'll need to contact:
- London Travelwatch if your journey was on a London bus
- The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland if your journey was in Northern Ireland
If your journey was on a bus anywhere else in Britain, or on a long-distance express coach (even in London) then Bus Users UK can help.